Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice job, and nice looking.

I made my 1st. wood project in 1949. It was a lay on my stomach soap box derby car, and won the local contest. They changed the rules the next year, you had to sit up.

I have been making stuff ever since, and still love every minute of such.

I wish you well,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ty, I really do enjoy the peacefulness of making something. My big project for 2014 will be a crib. My wife is due in June. As for the coat just did poly on it. First coat was thinned 25% with mineral spirits.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Nice cabinet! I like it. I couldnt afford the lumber to build a cabinet large enough to hold all my wifes shoes! Lol:thumbsup:

Reactions: frankp

·
Registered
74 Posts
BassBlaster said:
Nice cabinet! I like it. I couldnt afford the lumber to build a cabinet large enough to hold all my wifes shoes! Lol:thumbsup:
Ha! I can relate to that. The first thing I made for my wife was a shoe rack that holds 24 pairs. She informed me (sweetly) that I needed to make her another rack each birthday and Christmas for a few years... And then I could move on to storing her boots.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ha! I can relate to that. The first thing I made for my wife was a shoe rack that holds 24 pairs. She informed me (sweetly) that I needed to make her another rack each birthday and Christmas for a few years... And then I could move on to storing her boots.

Do you also need to buy her enough shoes to fill all that space every Xmas and Bday? hahaha

Very nice job; I think I will be wiser when making presents for my wife!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts