Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I turned a piece of E R Cedar for a travel mug insert for a gift swap party tomorrow (Christmas in Summer kind of thing). Being in a hurry I tried Mylands Friction Polish but it soaked it up faster that I could apply it, dried, and then wouldn't absorb any more resulting in uneven color. I sanded it off and went with General Finishes Salad Bowl Finish thinking it was a much faster curing than it actually is. Yes I could have read the label BEFORE applying but got the cart before the horse.

My question: Can I go back with Mylands over the Salad Bowl Finish tomorrow or am I going to have to try a ca finish or something else to build a shine? Again, the party is Tuesday night!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll sand back just a bit and try Mylands again, because that's what I've got. Hopefully the Salad Bowl Finish will serve as somewhat of a sealer and will allow the Mylands to bite. If it starts to chip or peel in a few days I'll just tell them I bought it at Walmart :). Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.