Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of a minor shop re-do, I decided to start by upgrading my sanding supply storage. Here's the before, something my wife used to use for her craft paper. It works, but it takes up too room. image-3614755114.jpg I know how much you all love fine woodworking projects, so here is the first step in replacing the old. image-2177628802.jpg Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I remember johnray, hence the tongue in cheek title ;-)

·
where's my table saw?
28,593 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Planned on letting ambient air/dust/light in the shop age that plywood naturally to allow the full richness to develop ;-0

·
where's my table saw?
28,593 Posts
I'd say it's finished then

Planned on letting ambient air/dust/light in the shop age that plywood naturally to allow the full richness to develop ;-0
A finish would only destroy the patina and distressed look you have so painfully endeavored to create. JMO. I'd leave it to the effects of Global Warming and climate change like you suggest. :yes:

Any build photos of this unit? :huh:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was so inspired during this build I dared not stop and interrupt the creative flow for pics, sorry.

·
Registered
570 Posts
What highly refined method did you employ to mount the unit on the wall?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pic doesn't show it but edges are chamfered and smooth.

It's sitting on the bench at this point, not sure where it's gonna end up yet.

·
where's my table saw?
28,593 Posts
I need a sandpaper storage rack

Can I have your "old" unit? :blink: I'll never be able to make such a fine woodworking piece as you have done with my limited skills and equipment, so maybe I could have the old one... please? ;)

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
You could make gobs of money by selling plans for that storage unit. Of course, plans should include pictures, materials and cutlist, drawings to include plan view, elevations, and section drawings. Be sure to include step by step fabrication details. Glossy 8x10's would be nice, and you could include a full size foldout poster. This could be a great retirement income.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts