Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to turning some pens this weekend. Figured would see what everybody thought.

ForumRunner_20131005_153825.jpg

ForumRunner_20131005_153909.jpg

ForumRunner_20131005_153925.jpg

ForumRunner_20131005_153942.jpg

Have a few cherry in there, a walnut, and a cedar.

·
Registered
274 Posts
A pet peeve of mine is when people show their pens in their hands. May I ask you why you find a need to do that??? Finding a prop to lean against or just laying on a plain piece of white paper is 1000 times better to look at than your grubby hands:smile:

I mean really how much longer does it take to lean a pen against a prop??? I can never understand this. You took how much time to make them??? You took how much time to take the camera out??? To me it shows you do not really care that much for your work. It would take too long to get a proper photo setup. I am not saying a photo booth, just a prop without the hand in the same sunlight.

OK I am done. :shifty:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Some really nice pens there. I do prefer some of the lighter woods be matched with gold or gun metal hardware, but that's just personal preference. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah wish I had more selection for hardware..bought some cheap chrome stuff off ebay...will be placing order with PSI soon...lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm all bummed I am out of kits...lol..these turn so fast..fun to have something done that fast. I like that instant gratification...lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A pet peeve of mine is when people show their pens in their hands. May I ask you why you find a need to do that??? Finding a prop to lean against or just laying on a plain piece of white paper is 1000 times better to look at than your grubby hands:smile:

I mean really how much longer does it take to lean a pen against a prop??? I can never understand this. You took how much time to make them??? You took how much time to take the camera out??? To me it shows you do not really care that much for your work. It would take too long to get a proper photo setup. I am not saying a photo booth, just a prop without the hand in the same sunlight.

OK I am done. :shifty:
Haha...I just now saw this comment...I agree...I tried taking pics with it sitting...lighting was horrible...that's why ended up outside...but just for you here is a pic of the ash pen I turned before work today... :)

ForumRunner_20131011_234445.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice Pens

I am new to turning and have only done a few pens, but I think these look great for a first set of pens.

MY only comments about using a back ground would be to consider using the hand without the band aid on it for your next pics. :smile:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am new to turning and have only done a few pens, but I think these look great for a first set of pens.

MY only comments about using a back ground would be to consider using the hand without the band aid on it for your next pics. :smile:
Haha...yeah I'm working on a more professional looking picture. And thank you :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts