Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since I got my table saw....the blades been a bit out of alignment from the miter slots (.008 front to back of the blade).......So I finally tonight got it aligned.....which then of course caused me to have to realign the fence. But now they're both within .0005 to the miter slot. Ran a board through......and can't tell a difference!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: However, I did find out that my thin kerf rip blade has a bit of a wobble.....(to the tune of .003 inch). Guess its a bit less thin kerf than stated. Now the question is......how much of a wobble can a blade have before it starts effecting the cut quality?

·
where's my table saw?
28,745 Posts
I don't know that....

But before you get down that road try this. Make a mark across the arbor and onto the blade. Now rotate the blade keeping the arbor in place, to a 3:00 o'clock position. Try your run out indicator. Then go to 6:00 o'clock and then 9:00 and see if there is a reduction or increase. Let us know what happens.

Then if you have another new blade or a quality one do the same thing and see if that makes any difference. I have found a "sweet spot" on some blades where the vibration and runout is minimized.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I threw on the standard kerf blade......and .000 run out (or wobble)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts