Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend I got back in the shop for the first time since last December when I was hit with some medical problems. I have spent some time working on getting things back together after some recent remodel work that took place that displaced my basement shop for some time. I started working on my next project that has been on the books for some time. I am building some shelving for all of the toys that come with kids that take up so much room. When I had my drain tile installed I had to rip up about two feet of the laminate floor that was in my basement so the shelving will cover the missing floor as well as create a great place for all of those toys.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Glad to hear you are feeling better and are back in the shop. I am trying to get back to my basement shop myself, but I have no excuse other than being lazy. Well lazy, working and family commitments.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Paul - coming from a retired Teamster -"work and family commitments" are the most important things in life so my hat off to you sir for recognizing this.

Hubaseball - I missed previous posts so I don't know what medical issues yo experienced - but glad to hear you're recovering well enough to be re-entering your shop. My shop re-entry is a lot more lame (the weather has stopped my outdoor projects),but it does feel good to be back into the shop

·
Really underground garage
2,552 Posts
It's always a wonderful feeling getting back to something because you "want to".

Stay positive...stay focused...it may take awhile,but your shop will be hittin on all cylinders before you know it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know the feeling I just spent a week in the hospital and still a little slow but I got back to the shop and doing a little lite work. But it is great to be back out there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome back to health. Sounds like you've got a lot lined up. That will get those feet back in shape. :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts