Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a mathematical formula for figuring out roughly this. Typically I have to sketch out on graph paper. But freshly out.

Angled upper corner cabinet 24" wide 15" deep.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Is there a mathematical formula for figuring out roughly this. Typically I have to sketch out on graph paper. But freshly out.

Angled upper corner cabinet 24" wide 15" deep.
I would recommend you pick up some brown or white wrapping paper (on a roll). You can get it at drug stores or grocery stores in the stationery section. Draw out the cabinet full size. Draw in plan view (looking from the top down).

For a corner cabinet you will have to have two 90° ends (for a corner), and for the front 45° angles to get a door to fit straight across the angle, like this. Using graph paper will be difficult to get exact measurements. You can't miss drawing it full size. You can cut the parts and they should fit right on your drawing (if your drawing is correct).

Or, you can cut the back corner short to fit the corner better, like this.

Or, you can make a corner cabinet like this.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Went n sketched it out on some cardboard. It's a good thing too as that door would have been way too small. Having this run at 15" deep makes a big differance with that corner. Now I've got to figure out something else. Possibly the blind. Have 41" to span. A 24" and 17" would have been ideal. But with inset way to small of doors. Now have to go tell the customer my error in the plans:(.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.