Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
My humble opinion is that they are worth the extra money. But, it depends on how much money you have to spend. I am blessed with the means to buy Festool and love it. Even if I don't have the money to buy something, I save until I do and get the better quality product. I have the jigsaw and miter saw and love both. In the end, low end and high end tools can do very similar jobs so buy what you can afford and are comfortable with. I think most people would agree that they are superior tools but whether or not they justify the sticker price is probably a question for a personal level and related to how much money you have or are willing to put into things. If you have a new Kia it will work great and you'll be happy with it...until you drive a Range Rover. In the end they both get you from point A to point B, although the Rover has a bit more style, speed, comfort, and safety. I feel like Festool is similar. We could debate all day about whether the increase in price is worth the increase in quality since just like in my car example, a much cheaper product can produce the same result. I personally feel the answer is related to how much it stresses you financially to buy Festool (or Range Rovers). If you have the money, I can promise you that you will not be disappointed in the quality. But, there are plenty of products that do very close to the same job without the hefty sticker price if you elect to not go with Festool.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.