Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Are they WORTH the cost? I'm not qualified to speak for anyone but myself, but I'd have to say No.
are they good tools? no doubt they are fine tools... but are they up to 4Xs the quality? not on my budget, but other WW'ers may have more cash flo, or can use a business tax credit on purchases. having the best possible equipment is must in the business world,and should also be a consideration for the home-shop WW'er,too. but from what I've seen, they are too expensive for the average home-shop guys... at least for this one...:yes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
In some ways it reminds me of the golf industry. Every year a new, "fail-safe" putter is trundled out at every increasing prices. But if you haven't developed to skill to read greens and judge speed and distance, a gold plated putter won't help. I've used the same $20 putter for years.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
In today's world time is money, you lose money everytime you have to check accuracy before making a cut.
that's a very true, and very sad statement. I fear we've taken something away with that attitude, as a nation. I believe we're walking a fine line now between hand-made and mass produced because of time equalling money...
I do understand the reason tho...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.