Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've read nothing but good reviews on the Festool circular saw and rail system. I've got one ordered and will get it this Saturday.
I'm getting the TS55, with the vacuum22 and an extra 55 inch rail. The 106 inch rail is 202.00, and they will connect. Wish me luck. I've been having trouble cutting 2/4 ply sheet goods on the table saw, and there is always a problem. Now, all I do is move the saw, not the sheet goods. There are others who make rail and attachment systems for circular saws, but I'm going with the one everyone gives 5 stars.
Can't wait for Saturday; I'm CUTTIN' WOOD !!:yes:

Paul

·
Registered
404 Posts
Congrats to ya Rembrandt.....;) ;) ;)

I was wantin' some Festool stuff, but this year I opted for the cyclone dust collector.....:yes: :yes:

Make sure we get a full report with pictures...of course :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best, best, best purchase. I can't tell you how much I love the saw and vacuum. Now I have 3 festool vacuums and the 1080 table which is highly recomended after you see how great the saw and rail system is.
I let my 10 yr old use the circular saw, what a pleasure to use when working alone with sheet goods. After I purchased it I actually couldn't believe I thought about it so long and had to justify the purchase to myself. The 1080 table makes crosscutting accurately and repeat cuts exact everytime.
Love it ,love it

I should go get a job selling festool.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Congrats on the decision Paul. If I had knoewn you had the coin it would have saved me alot of typing in other threads. ;)

I too have been wanting one for years but could never justify the cost versus need factor. Let us know how you like it. :thumbsup:

·
Senior Member (by age)
64 Posts
The Festool system is fabulous. We recently did some repair work at a clients house. In the next room was a man on oxygen. With the saw and vacuum, there was NO saw dust blowing around. The clients were thrilled.

Regarding cutting plywood by yourself, I have a product (now patent pending), that is designed for one person to easilly cut plywood all day long. I designed it when I was working by myself, and had to rip close to a hundred sheets of 3/4" Mahogany plywood. After getting tired of fighting my roller stand, I figured there has to be a better way to do this. There wasn't so I designed one.

The unit will work with multiple machines, without making any adjustments. We move it from the table saw to the shaper in less than ten seconds, when we're making moldings.

You can cut 8' long strips as thin as 1/32" from a sheet of 3/4" plywood, with no burns or blade marks. I demonstrate that at woodworking shows. We take the strips and tie them into knots, and hand them to people. They are amazed at the accuracy you can achieve.
It will also reduce the time required to straight line rough lumber, instead of multiple passes through the jointer, it's one pass through the table saw, using a rip sled.

The rip sled plans are posted on the tips website, and is well worth making. On the average kitchen, we save about 8 hours in jointing time. One 8' board might require six passes through the jointer. With the sled, it's one pass through the table saw.

Check it out at the ezee-feed link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts