Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an older Delta Model 10 contractor saw, but I'm not a big fan of the fence. It seems to require some banging as I tighten down the locking lever, or else the hook on the back side of the fence pulls the fence out of parallel with everything else. I didn't used to have this issue, and I've cleaned and waxed the rails. I've considered replacing the fence, but don't have $600 for a Biesmeyer. Any other options guys?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
The Delta T2 was a good bang for the buck, and should be a direct bolt on to your saw. They've been in short supply recently though. ...currently on backorder.

Grizzly has the original Shop Fox W1410 on sale for ~ $170 shipped.

The Vega fence system is a good fence that sometimes goes on sale in the $250 range.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
knotscott said:
The Delta T2 was a good bang for the buck, and should be a direct bolt on to your saw. They've been in short supply recently though. ...currently on backorder.

Grizzly has the original Shop Fox W1410 on sale for ~ $170 shipped.

The Vega fence system is a good fence that sometimes goes on sale in the $250 range.
Cool, thanks for that. The built in t-track on the Shop Fox is a pretty cool addition. Seems like my price a lot more as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I have a right tilt saw, is it possible to get a set of rails that have the rip side on the left of the saw as opposed to he normal right side fence? My thoughts here are that it might be saver just as the left tilt saw is safer to use. (Did that make since to anyone? Maybe I should go to bed now...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you remove the old fence and look underneath where the cam attaches, there is a rubber bushing. This often wears out and makes the fence go out of line when locking down. The old jet lock fences are fully adjustable but the rubber bushing is a weak point. The far end "hook" is controlled by the large slotted screw on the front end of the fence. The two screws on top control alignment and the two screws at the far end allow a small adjustment to the end hook, in and out. It's the big slotted screw that controls the grip of the hook.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts