Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a fence upgrade for my Craftsman table saw (model 315.226.880) with a table depth of only 20 inches. Most others are at least 27". According to the Delta/Beismeyer compatability checklists, the table has to be at least 27 for their products. Any suggestions for a fence system that would fit? Or has anyone successfully modified the Delta for a smaller table?

·
where's my table saw?
29,416 Posts
Older saw, not 315. but 113. prefix

http://www.hammerwall.com/Manuals/C...sman 10 Inch Direct Drive Table Saw/L0901280/
Direct drive saw. You may want to consider upgrading that saw, since a $200 plus fence on a $200 minus saw don't make much sense. :no:
On a "front locking" rail fence the rear of the fence can hang over the end of the table.
Probably for $300 or so you can get a better saw with a better fence included...lot's of 27" deep cast iron Craftsman saws on Craigs List. Check it out. That's just my opinion. ;) bill

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I agree with Bill. Some of those fences weigh in the range of 75#, which is more than many benchtop saws...it's a "lipstick on a pig" scenario. I'd sell the saw, and watch the classifieds for a decent full sized used saw. Then you'd have better bones on the saw to start with, and would be more feasible to upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts