Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really had my nose to the grind stone lately and to be honest haven't had the opportunity to do much enjoyable woodworking lately - it's been all monotonous commercial crap that I truly don't even know how I got sucked into.

So anyway I recently started sneaking a bit of time here and there on one of my last commissions for (probably) the next few years and it's been quite enjoyable. I've only been able to spend a couple hrs on it so far and it still has a long ways to go.

It's a Federal influenced console table with Holly stringing and a fleur de lis inlay. I'll update as it progresses.

Attachments

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in! I really want to see how you did the inlay in those long thin pieces.
The tools I used are shown in the second picture-

A stringing gauge (like 3 small cross cut teeth) that I made, a hooked chisel of the same width that I also made and a stringing thicknesser (saw plate scraper in a jig)... that I also made.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wow some day maybe I'll have the patience for something like that.

Reactions: firemedic

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Looks very nice. I also will be following!!!

Reactions: firemedic

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. Awesome..... do you have a build thread or plans on how to build the tools?
I don't, unfortunately. I thought I did but I was remembering this thread where John showed pictures of his - a different design than mine.

I will try to put something together with closeup pictures of the tools.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I wish you had more time for projects because you do great work. Almost a shame that you have to split your time so many different ways. Beautiful inlays.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts