Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm building some cutting boards, and in the past they've all been solid hard maple....but I'm thinking of dressing some of the new ones up a bit...I was thinking cherry...but what do you all like the looks of?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I really like the contrast between maple and walnut. I made a couple using maple, walnut, and cherry that came out really nice.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Basically anything. The good thing about cutting boards is you can use exotics since they don't use very much.

I just recently made an end grain cutting board for my sister that had Maple, Walnut, Purpleheart and Bloodwood in it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I really like the contrast between maple and walnut. I made a couple using maple, walnut, and cherry that came out really nice.
+1:thumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Maple and walnut are good ones. Almost any dark with light will look good. When I buy my wood now, I grab a couple boards and see how they will look together.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've made them out of maple and purple heart, maple and walnut, and maple and jatoba. The maple and jatoba was my favorite of the three combinations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts