Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I rearranged some newly cut slabs I noticed one that had developed a crack--ok--so? In my mind I had pictured a bowl that the crack would ruin-likely if left, so I decided to turn it out. Then I wanted to see if this species was as stable as Mesquite ( green, wet, dry-- not much difference), so I finished it out. Now so if it warps; well-- it'll have more character. This bowl is 13 x 3 inches, friction polish. About as big a bowl as you'll ever see from this species-- since it's usually a scrubby/small tree. Also has a big bark inclusion that made things interesting, outside filled with turquoise.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Doc, I'm really pleased to see the evolution of your turnings. our shapes/curves are looking much nicer. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Some good looking figure in this piece, and it's a pleasing form the way it is right now.

There's never a guarantee that it'll get more interesting if it warps -- I had a maple platter that moved just enough that it didn't look right any more, but not so much that it developed "character" ;)

Best of luck -- hope it warps into something really funky for you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts