Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Maker of fine Toothpicks
54 Posts
I would go with the cyclone. Remember it is about air flow. I have 4" ducting for my dust collection system. I do not have the ducting grounded. I know ssome say that I should. I do not know how much time you spend in your shop, but if you are like me the only time the dust collection is on is when a tool is on, then the system is not running for long periods of time...I have never been shocked...that is not to say that there is no danger of the system building up a static charge. So the grounding is a call that you have to make, so make sure it is an educated one. Of course my suggestion is to ground it to be the safest. How that is done I am not sure, someone else would have to chime in for that.

You know what guys, I think that is something that we should have the mythbusters check into...does a dust collection system build up a static electrical charge that is dangerous.:shifty:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.