Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at it again, looking for a big heavy, reliable table saw. I found one on the local classifieds selling out of a cabinet shop that's relocating. I'll attach a pic. The saw on the right isn't included. Can ANYONE tell me ANYTHING about this saw? Is it worth a look? Any idea as to year, maker reputation, and value?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
26,896 Posts
I went to vintagemachine.org an there is no record of Lake woodworking machinery. The closest was Lake Bros which made metal working equipment. It would be difficult to guess the price without knowing more details about the size motor and condition. A used Delta saw with a 3 hp motor would run about a thousand to twelve hundred dollars in the Dallas area. Since that is an obscure company is should go for much less.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I can't find any information that I could link into that table saw. Maybe it's not Lake , maybe it's different. Try to contact the owner .

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gus1962 said:
I can't find any information that I could link into that table saw. Maybe it's not Lake , maybe it's different. Try to contact the owner .
Thanks for looking, Gus. Apparently the saw is "comparable to delta unisaw" and I guess the Lake name was derived from a now defunct company based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. I have since bought a delta unisaw model 36-815 so I'm not shopping anymore for a saw, even though I'll always be "looking for a better one" lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts