Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26,334 Posts
That is usually when I get it. I could build a nice piece of furniture and not have any problems and then have major H making a pallet. The wood would all split or the compressor or nail gun would need a major overhaul or have a complete power failure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, today.....glued up a couple of small panels (12" x 12")....took them out of the clamps this morning, and both were bowed at the joint.....ripped them apart, and started over.....they are now, both flat.....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The client I'm making this for was trying to go over every 64th of an inch, literally, via email. Because of this, I initially made 2 mathematical errors leading to a failure of the original box and drawers. The runners were to tightly spaced leading to really thin drawer slos which kept snapping. Scrapped that and rebuilt the box and drawers. Ok, back on track. Not really.

Attached the top today and effing thing twosted on me. Downward slope.

I'm real pissed off and ready to scrap the whole damned thing. Its taken so long when it jist shouldn't have. Honestly want to throw it out a window.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like most every project I attempt. It all seems so easy and quick and simple and then I go into my shop and .... I don't even know how it happens lol.

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
That's a shame.
Sometimes the littlest and easiest jobs become more of a headache.
I'm pulling for you. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
1,873 Posts
Just wondering if I'm alone in this.

Simple project - box with two drawers, live edge thin slab on top. Simple.

Nope.

Angry.
Of course not. Everything I've ever tried in my life has worked perfectly every time without fail. Well, there was that one time, but nobody took pictures..so it didn't count. I wonder what making a mistake actually feels like. Heck, I don't even know what disappointment feels like....

Raise your hand if you feel I may be exaggerating just a tiny bit..Scream it from the rooftops if you feel I may be full of...you know..lol

Reactions: AJ.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know if I've ever had a project that DIDN'T go south at some point. I was thinking about getting one of those branding irons so that I could put my custom "logo" on my work, but then I got to thinking... I don't need a branding iron, my trademark is built in already! Some mistake that I have had to fix or cover up. :rolleyes:

Brad

Reactions: Nick2727

·
Registered
26,334 Posts
Here you go, I've been trying to cast the plastic part of trunk lock cover on an oldsmobile. The original is on the left and the part I made on the right. I made a mold out of silicone caulk and cast the part with casting resin. I'm getting close but have been having some trouble with the mold and the resin. Anyway today I started experimenting with painting it. I masked it off and painted the red with metallic automotive paint. The silver part my first try was using chrome paint but it went chrome on the outside instead of next to the plastic so I bought a can of Krylon Looking Glass silver. Was suppose to be for making a mirror. That is where it went south. The cap on the can wouldn't come off. The obvious, I inserted a screwdriver in the hole they made to pry it off and it still wouldn't come off. Then I started trying to break the cap off and the thing exploded spraying paint all over me and my work bench. Never had problems with a rattle can like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
1,873 Posts
You all just don't realize that your first mistake is not being perfect in every possible way to begin with. Just follow my lead for an utterly trouble free life. See? If you had done that from birth you would've died before you realized how sucky life really is..
Not to be cynical, but I didn't sign up for all these damned problems.. lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts