Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would love to try this, but where do yall get that amount of epoxy. Maybe I'm not thinking right or looking in the right place but the only epoxy I find are in tubes like this

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
You could get it at woodcraft or at one of those box stores in a gallon. They sell kits.
The one you showed would be good for small things.
What do you want epoxy for?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly nothing at the moment lol. I was just thinking about building a coffee table one of these days. I'm bored, it's raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock outside. Soooo I'm stuck in here thinking.... Never a good thing haha

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have a set of chisels and not a clue how to carve. At least an actual shape like a bird or something I think here in a minute I'm going to drag an extension cord out to the shop and work in there. Btw never told ya I got it cleaned out and kind of organized in there so I have an eight foot by four foot space to work in now instead of my porch haha

·
Registered
303 Posts
honestly nothing at the moment lol. I was just thinking about building a coffee table one of these days. I'm bored, it's raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock outside. Soooo I'm stuck in here thinking.... Never a good thing haha
I messed with all of that crap. The bar finishes and all of that other garbage.Stain it, spray it and put a glass top over it. Problem solved.No reason to "plasticize" the legs and feet.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Google "pour-on epoxy" and you will find lots of choices. Most big boxes and real paint store carries it. I have found that the brand is not important. But, following the directions is essential for a good outcome.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Steve Neul said:
You're thinking epoxy glue. It's epoxy finish. That's a different critter. Sherwin Williams makes a good epoxy coating.
I like their other coatings so I would try them. They probably also focus solely on epoxy as a coating.

I have used System Three general purpose resin. They have several pre-formulated mixtures for different purposes. They have a book to explain how to select a product and how to formulate with the general purpose resin. It is free to download and a it is what I used to learn about the epoxies for finishing and as an adhesive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts