Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice stuff. I especially like the 'marbalized' grain on the drawers

I noticed you used the dovetail jig that only goes 50% of the depth. I have a similar jig that will do that, or go to 100% depth on the pins - have you ever had an issue with strength? I always prefer the full depth pins on my dovetails, but it is a lot easier to do the one's that are only half way in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is basically cabinet grade birch plywood. The face frames, door, and drawer fronts are solid birch. The drawer sides and backs are poplar. As for the finish, I had taken a sample of an existing cabinet the customer had and had Sherwin Williams do a color match. It has a cinnamon base. I can look for the formula if you are interested.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comment Kirk. I really like the look of dovetails. I could have done it a lot quicker with locking miters or just butt joints, but what fun would that have been (Ha-Ha). They are a challenge, but in the end, it makes the project much better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I designed it along with the customer. He had his basement remodeled and left the opening in the wall for the built-in. We took into cosideration the size of the TV he was getting, what components and storage. Drew up a couple ideas and went from there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.