Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are of you familiar with this machine? I bought it on CL. The guy had it advertised for $150. I emailed him and asked if he would take $50. for it. To my surprise he emailed back and said come get YOUR jointer. It's in my way. :icon_smile: I thought for $50. it's worth a gamble. Turns out I was right. It had a little rust but that cleaned right off. I have used it for about 6 months. It is a heavy beast. 250 lbs according to an original add I saw on the net.

I need to sharpen the knives so I removed them. They look in rather tough shape. There are no knicks but they are somewhat rusted. The guy who sharpens me tools for me will work on them but would prefer if I tried to find new ones. I have not been able to find any so far. Are there any after market knives that might work? Seems like a 6" knife it a 6" knife. :laughing: But maybe not.

Any help appreciated.

Charlie

·
where's my table saw?
27,896 Posts
all 6" knives are NOT the same

There is a slight variation in the thickness and the width. Find your size on this chart and order from them, great to deal with!
http://www.holbren.com/jointer-planer-knives/
Mention BT310 for a discount! :yes:

·
Senior Something
1,106 Posts
Also Grizzly sells knives that are compatible with most manufacturers. I don't know if they are any cheaper though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts