Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this glue? What do you think of the results? Strength?

I just read an old ad about it, but never saw it before.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried it myself yet, and I just recently found out it existed by reading a WW magazine that is a year or two old. If I do try it, I will let you know how well it does.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used it for some shop cabinets last year. It has wood fiber in it to take the stain. It does take stain, but not like the wood, so you still have to be careful not to get it on the finish work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used it for some shop cabinets last year. It has wood fiber in it to take the stain. It does take stain, but not like the wood, so you still have to be careful not to get it on the finish work.
What about the strength?
I guess if it takes stain at all that could still be helpful if you have glue issues.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I didn't do any 'destruction' tests on it, but it seems to be as strong as Tightbond II which I normally use. The shop cabinets are utility storage on casters with 4 big 'cubbies' for tools, so they get a lot of stress moving them around. No signs of glue failure so far.

WDC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't do any 'destruction' tests on it, but it seems to be as strong as Tightbond II which I normally use. The shop cabinets are utility storage on casters with 4 big 'cubbies' for tools, so they get a lot of stress moving them around. No signs of glue failure so far.

WDC
Thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts