Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........isn't stainable! I bought a bottle of this stuff on an impulse because the name caught my eye. Trust me when I say that it is no more stainable than any other wood glue. It is also very clumpy and difficult to spread because of the wood fibers mixed into the glue. Don't waste your time, or mess up a project, by using this stuff.

·
Registered
92 Posts
SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE PRODUCT OR THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS THEREOF FOR ANY PURPOSE, except that the product shall conform to contracted specifications, and that the product does not infringe any valid United States or Canadian patent. No claim of any kind shall be greater in amount than the purchase price of the quantity of product in respect of which damages are claimed. In no event shall Seller be liable for incidental or consequential damages, whether Buyer's claim is based on contract, breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise.

So what does that tell you?

·
Registered
354 Posts
There IS no stainable glue or woodfiller, just advertising. "Stainable" stuff will, in fact, suck up stain. But it will have no color resemblance to stained wood.

I had the best luck with the colored wood filler at the BORGs, mixing colors if needed, to get the right tone.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The closest thing to a really 'stainable' glue is old fashioned horse-hide glue. It is organic. The best stainable technique is to keep it off the good wood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts