Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rick Mosher
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to travel down to Boston to touch up a couple Conference Tables (scratched by some electronics guys using the tables as work benches :furious: ) So while I was there I snapped a couple pictures. We did all the mill work which consisted of Ebony and Mozambique veneer with Walnut solid wood.

·
Rick Mosher
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The finish is a spray on dye stain (Keystone Nerosol thinned with alcohol) sealed with 4 wet mils of Ilva TA44 2K Urethane Sealer scuff sand with 400 grit sandpaper and top coated with 4 wet mils of Ilva TS0005 2K Acrylic Urethane (50% sheen) The whole job was an open pore finish.

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
Rick, you're the man!

The finish is a spray on dye stain (Keystone Nerosol thinned with alcohol) sealed with 4 wet mils of Ilva TA44 2K Urethane Sealer scuff sand with 400 grit sandpaper and top coated with 4 wet mils of Ilva TS0005 2K Acrylic Urethane (50% sheen) The whole job was an open pore finish.
You are so far out of my league, I can't even count that high. We are certainly fortunate to have you on this forum. Thanks for your posts. :yes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Beautiful work. Sadly, I can tell you from my corporate days that this sort of thing is commonplace - tables designed for exec meetings inevitably used, when available, by the hoi polloi (the likes of me) who end up scratching the things up with computers, etc. Maybe in these days of laptops, it happens less. Used to be desktop machines, projectors, etc. set up quickly and temporarily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts