Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody heard anything about this? used it? own it? know someone who has? seems pretty darn pricey but kind of nifty. Just thought id see if anyone had some experience with it

·
7,222 Posts
I cannot believe the price of the Easy Wood Chuck.

The other day I was in my local Woodcraft store and asked one of the employees who is also a member of our Woodturning club if they have sold any due to the high price. He said they have sold 2, but had to discount them.

He also mentioned there is a disclaimer sticker about the chuck being good only up to 2,000 RPM. I just went to the EST site and looked at the manual for the chuck. It does indeed state max of 2,000 RPM, which is a surprise.

Personally I would prefer my two Talon chucks to a single EWT chuck.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
The president of our turning club has one as speaks very highly of it. He bought it in when we had a guest turner who also used it and seemed sold on buying one based on the ability to swap out so easily.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Way over priced IMO.:furious: I'd rather spend my money on a Talon or a Nova chuck and have money left over. For the price of the Easy Wood chuck one could probably buy a Rikon lathe on sale and a chuck to go with it. Oh did I say I didn't think they were worth it?:thumbdown:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I spent a week turning with the owner of our local Woodcraft. He used one all week turning all kinds of things. Don't know if he turned over 2000 rpm.
Nova now has a chuck that has quick change jaws also. It runs about $400 which is probably why EasyWood had to lower thiers.
That being said you can buy several of the chucks from ChucksPlus for the price of one EW or Nova.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.