Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my wife started to buy those chubby little chef figures but really had no were to display them so i was ordered out to the home shop until i made her something to sit them on.she instructed me to make it simple ,not to spend 2 months replicating a piece of 18th century furniture.So off i went ,picked up some 3/4" oak plywood,a couple lengths of red oak stock,a piece of red oak crown, three stair balasters and some 1/4" oak plywood for the back.A few hours later it was finished,threw a coat of pecan stain on, the following morning i put on 2 coats of bullseye shellac,bamm, i was free again.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice job. What's a few hours?
I am interested to really see wht the true finish is.
Could you post a new picture with either a natural light source
or a tungsten filter/setting on your camera? everything seems so orange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very nice. What brands of finishes did you use? Bullseye is that a brand? I am sure the loml would like something like that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry wrong finish ,this piece was finished with 4 coats of ureathane,got mixed up with another project.I have used the zinsser shellac on something else recently,i used it to seal and finish some draws for a cabinet i built,cut finish time down buy sealing and finishing in one step.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You are busted! Where is the gang switch/outlet cover? Found another guy who has a long list of duit items!

Ok...so how about a picture lower so we can see the corner unti...looks great from what we can see.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Good job Wiz.

I used a half spnidle design on on the 4x4 newels of a deck I built in '99. Customer said she wanted something "really different" so I came up with a design which utilited the 52 degree angle of the 3 pyramids in the VOTKs, on both entry steps at two of the corners and also on a turn which she had originally said a 90 would be cool. I asked her for "some lattitude" and she said yes so I threw out the 90s and used 52 again, which pointed the long portion of the deck exactly straight at the lake shoreline. Dumb luck or coincedence.
It gave her a great conversation piece but the half spindles on all the newelswere what really crumbled her cookie.

Anyway sounds like you and the missus have a great relationship. She says "Build me a so-and-so" and you build her a so-and-so. :laughing:
I can relate. My wife said in '04 "honey build us a log house...". I won't go into it it's a long story, only to say it "evolved" and I am fixin to put up a timber frame bent as soon as I hit "submit reply". :yes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats funny after i looked at the pic ,i knew someone was going to say something, i got pinched.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i need help im wanting to build a book shelf that is 6ft h by 3ft w and 13in deep is there any ideas on how to do this im new to this. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts