Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some wood shop back in high school about 15 years ago. I've made only a few things since then because I'm always jumping from hobby to hobby. But I recently got back into woodworking because I was able to get some tools for it. I'm far from a pro, but here are a couple of projects that I recently completed. I am happy with the result, although I did learn from several mistakes with both projects. I'm making a few more things at the moment so I guess we'll see how they turn out...

Oh yeah, the cutting board is Black Walnut, Cherry and Maple for the larger pieces. I used yellowheart, bloodwood, mahogany and purpleheart for the thin pieces.

The maze is just some scrap poplar that I carried around with me for a couple of days. The only reason I'm proud of that piece is because I did it all with my pocket knife. Well, all except for the gluing the plastic on that is. The "pen" is also poplar cut from a dowel with a neodymium magnet on the tip. Inside the maze is a small ball bearing.

That's all for now! I'm happy to receive feedback of any kind. I joined this forum to learn, not to receive compliments. But if you like them, I guess that won't be all that bad either.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

Thanks for the responses! I second your idea to make a maze for your grandkids. I make a couple of these kinds of mazes for my 2 kids (age 4 and 1.5) and they fight over them all the time! The fighting isn't good, but at least I know they like the mazes. My 1.5 year old isn't even trying to complete the maze, she just likes moving the ball around with the magnet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts