Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I want to upgrade my dust collection. I just use an old vacuüm cleaner right now. I would like to collect my dust in a bucket before it gets into my vacuüm cleaner. I have watched some video's on youtube about this topic. Some just hook up a couple of hoses to a bucket. A few make a ''two-stage dust collector''. They do this by and inserting a specially shaped wooden plate inside the bucket (or in a second bucket on top). Just like on the foto's I've added. (I hope you can see them.

I was wondering if anybody has some experiënce or advice on these things. I don't know if the ''Two stage dust collector'' is much better than just hooking up some hoses to a bucket. I would love to hear your advise and suggestions on my quest to improve my dust collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here is what I did.
Just 2 45 deg pvc elbows and a straight pipe through a spare trash can lid. I use it when I'm jointing or planing. Captures most of the chips in the trash can. Add a wire ring that holds the bag down and in place and it is a piece of cake to empty.
It goes in a corner when I don't need it and the trash can is returned to normal service.

BTW, excuse the mess. I'm still moving into my new shop. Finally got power and heat/ac and busy at work so I'm not sheltering in place like I was when I did not have heat/ac and power.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.