Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for help in reducing the amount of dust sent into the air when using my Bosch TS 4000 table saw. It is a contractor style saw that I like in many ways. The blade is about 75 percent enclosed are directed to a 2.5 inch connector which I have attached to a cyclone dust collector connected to my Shop Vac. I keep the blade low enough so that it is only slightly higher than the piece I am cutting. In spite of this I get lots of saw dust in two places.

The first is that dust comes our of the slot on the front for the shaft that tilts the saw. The other place is saw dust coming off the blade and onto the table.

I have thought about placing one of those velcro bag units under the saw and adding a second 2.5 connector to my Shop Vac. However, that doesn't solve the problem with the slot on the front of the saw.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the saw to be less "dusty"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to own the same saw with the same frustrating problems. The solution I came up with was to change the saw's restricted 2.5" dust pickup to a larger 4" by modifying a 4x10 heat duct. This took a fair bit of persuasion to get it to fit nicely but was worth it in the end. A solution like this is a point of no return project that can not be undone so make sure its what you really want.
As for the dust spewing off the top of the blade I just modified the gard that came with the saw so that I could use a 2.5" hose to catch the dust. After your all said and done the dust collection will be vastly improved but far from perfect, buy a cabinet saw to get that. And besides isn't that what you really want and need anyway?

'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts