Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
another thread reminded me to update this thread
i had a wifi plug for my remote that worked with my android phone. recommended to me by my son who has a hf dc in his basement shop. the switch was rated at 20 amps, it didn't last long. when i mentioned it to my son, "oh yeah, mine burnt up last week".
i glued a micro switch to each blast gate and wired them back to a definite purpose contactor with a 24v coil in it. now when i open any blast gate and the dc turns on. i added a safety by plugging in the 24v wall wart into a wifi plug, the wifi plug needs to be turned on first, either by my phone or a button on the wifi switch, then open any blast gate.
i painted a red/closed and green/open indicator on each blast gate.

· Registered
101 Posts
the mag lock couplers are amazingly strong and effective. they allow me to use one flex hose for multiple tools in the same area. this is my band saw hookup. short videos won't embed, here's the link to watch it on youtube

Mag lock coupler
Did you consider a pair of dowels for alignment pins on these mag connectors, or do they align without issue for you? The video looked like they aligned well.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
all options were on the table.
i considered a small shelf to hold the weight of the hose, but they're working fine as is.
you get within an inch and it's self aligning. goes together firmly
notice when i disengaged it the flange went off screen, not on purpose

21 - 24 of 24 Posts