Woodworking Talk banner

Dust collection fittings

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dave Paine 
#1 ·
Ok, dumb question. Do you measure the inside or outside diameter of dust collection hoses and fittings? My tools have a mix of port sizes and it is very frustrating trying to find adapters to fit each one. I spend too much time pull crap of one tool to put on the next, then trying to find the right diameter hose to fit. Plus my shop vac seems to have non-standard sized ports.....driving me nuts.

#3 ·
If it's any consolation I am suffering along with you. I am trying to put together a rudimentary dust collection system with my shop vac and have spent too much time on-line looking at fittings. None or very few describe whether or not they are OD or ID and don't reference if they'll connect to the opening port on a shop-vac. I have found multiple stepped adapters but even those come with reviews complaining that the "didn't fit such-n-such". I need to take my vac and hose and try out a bunch of fittings, etc.. but few places have much of a selection so it seems like it will wind up being trial and error.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.