Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you purchased a add on filter from Wynn Envronmental for a Harbor Freight 2 horse DC? There are two to pick from but not sure which one to choose. Any suggestions?
I have a garbage can seperator currently and plan on building a cyclone from the Bill Pentz design.
I have a very small shop 24 x 10 and dust is a factor.
I also have overhead filtration.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Not to Hijack... but what would be a idea for a small (12x 24) shop too? more for General dust anyway?
The Planer is Constantly hooked up to the wet dry vac. I'm gonna "bag" the tablesaw here shortly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just build the cyclone you will disappointed with your DC idea. The filter will need constant cleaning and become useless after a short amount of time. If you use 6" pipe like you need to collect the fine dangerous dust than you trash can separator will always be empty because the dust will just get sucked out. Sorry to give you the bad news but your on the right track bill's site is an excellent place to learn about dust collection. Take some time and read through it a little more if value your health.
http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Krazi Johnni, thanks for the link! I have been saving for a DC unit/setup, and have been reading all I could but seemed to be getting the same warnings with little information on actually how to solve/collect the finer dust particles. I briefly checked out the site you provided and will sit down tonight and read it. From the foreword and beginning of the info, looks like the type of information I was looking for. Thank you very much for sharing this information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just build the cyclone you will disappointed with your DC idea. The filter will need constant cleaning and become useless after a short amount of time. If you use 6" pipe like you need to collect the fine dangerous dust than you trash can separator will always be empty because the dust will just get sucked out. Sorry to give you the bad news but your on the right track bill's site is an excellent place to learn about dust collection. Take some time and read through it a little more if value your health.
http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm
New to the forum, so dont kick to hard.
Have to agree with your statments. I bought a Grizzle 1.5 HP and was fighting dust all the time. Done major overhauls at least 5 times. The money I wasted fooling around could have built/buy a 5HP Cyclone and would have been money ahead.

Got tired of playing games with the dust.
So bought the CV in the process of painting it and putting together making it a fun project.....
want to :help:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts