Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Vega gets good reviews.

A few weeks/month ago someone asked about duplicators for matching spindle work. The Vega was mentioned and the person bought this.

Not cheap though....
300 bucks is a little steep.. But does look like it will do the job very nice

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't make it work on my I pad . This worked though Google search York Pennsylvania craigslist. Then search vega duplicator. It came right up for me. Good luck and let us know if you have any luck.....

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ibpdew said:
I can't make it work on my I pad . This worked though Google search York Pennsylvania craigslist. Then search vega duplicator. It came right up for me. Good luck and let us know if you have any luck.....
I found it.. Man i would pick that up in a heartbeat... Im in Minnesota. Wonder if they Will ship it to me.. Lol

Anyone here in pa willing to help me out??

·
Registered
116 Posts
PS- read your reviews on Vega duplicators. The ones I've looked at are about 2 to 1 UNfavorable. I've never personally owned one, but thought it would be neat to have, so do some home work. Go Packers! :thumbsup:

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ibpdew said:
PS- read your reviews on Vega duplicators. The ones I've looked at are about 2 to 1 UNfavorable. I've never personally owned one, but thought it would be neat to have, so do some home work. Go Packers! :thumbsup:
I have done some research and for $95 would be worth it.. Too bad its so far away

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have a Vega Duplicator. I highly recommend it. I turned 54 2" spindles with 3/8" tenons. Just for fun I measured the tenons and they were all within .010" of each other. I thought that was incredible. Go with the carbide cutter if you order one. It just cuts so much cleaner.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
john lucas said:
I have a Vega Duplicator. I highly recommend it. I turned 54 2" spindles with 3/8" tenons. Just for fun I measured the tenons and they were all within .010" of each other. I thought that was incredible. Go with the carbide cutter if you order one. It just cuts so much cleaner.
John. Which vega duplicator do you have. I want to get the 24" travel version for the midi lathe, they also have a 10" but i think that limits me to small items, but can't tell if the 24" will still be able to duplicate items that are as short as 6". Got any input?

I can't tell how it mounts on the lathe bed to figure out if the tailstock will move freely for shorter turnings or not..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.