Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone recommend a good duplicator that works with Delta 46-460 lathe . Im looking to do chess sets and handles for various utensils in bulk... Im sure someone has one that they think is great.. Lets hear it :)

·
7,222 Posts
The Vega gets good reviews.

A few weeks/month ago someone asked about duplicators for matching spindle work. The Vega was mentioned and the person bought this.

Not cheap though....

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Vega gets good reviews.

A few weeks/month ago someone asked about duplicators for matching spindle work. The Vega was mentioned and the person bought this.

Not cheap though....
300 bucks is a little steep.. But does look like it will do the job very nice

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't make it work on my I pad . This worked though Google search York Pennsylvania craigslist. Then search vega duplicator. It came right up for me. Good luck and let us know if you have any luck.....

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ibpdew said:
I can't make it work on my I pad . This worked though Google search York Pennsylvania craigslist. Then search vega duplicator. It came right up for me. Good luck and let us know if you have any luck.....
I found it.. Man i would pick that up in a heartbeat... Im in Minnesota. Wonder if they Will ship it to me.. Lol

Anyone here in pa willing to help me out??

·
Registered
116 Posts
PS- read your reviews on Vega duplicators. The ones I've looked at are about 2 to 1 UNfavorable. I've never personally owned one, but thought it would be neat to have, so do some home work. Go Packers! :thumbsup:

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ibpdew said:
PS- read your reviews on Vega duplicators. The ones I've looked at are about 2 to 1 UNfavorable. I've never personally owned one, but thought it would be neat to have, so do some home work. Go Packers! :thumbsup:
I have done some research and for $95 would be worth it.. Too bad its so far away

·
Registered
407 Posts
I tried a cheap duplicator, worst mistake I ever made. It has crazy tear out and it is too slow. Your better off to just do it by eye and practice, much more rewarding and better bragging rights!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have a Vega Duplicator. I highly recommend it. I turned 54 2" spindles with 3/8" tenons. Just for fun I measured the tenons and they were all within .010" of each other. I thought that was incredible. Go with the carbide cutter if you order one. It just cuts so much cleaner.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
john lucas said:
I have a Vega Duplicator. I highly recommend it. I turned 54 2" spindles with 3/8" tenons. Just for fun I measured the tenons and they were all within .010" of each other. I thought that was incredible. Go with the carbide cutter if you order one. It just cuts so much cleaner.
John. Which vega duplicator do you have. I want to get the 24" travel version for the midi lathe, they also have a 10" but i think that limits me to small items, but can't tell if the 24" will still be able to duplicate items that are as short as 6". Got any input?

I can't tell how it mounts on the lathe bed to figure out if the tailstock will move freely for shorter turnings or not..

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, i broke down and purchased the vega midi duplicator with a 24" travel since i have the bed extension on my delta 46-460... Thanks eveyone for their input

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally got to you the Vega duplicator . I can't seem tks find ant YouTube videos on the midi version which the the one i got for my delta. I may need to make a video :)

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ibpdew said:
Just wondering if you got your Vega duplicator up and running and how it's working for you? Thx
Its working great. Takes getting used to though but after that's is quick and easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts