Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all! Yep, been a long time, lol. Been pretty busy with a new project. My wife and I are planting about 2000 olive trees in a few months, probably in March or April. Before that I have to build an 8 foot fence around 10 acres and get the well dug and run the irrigation, lot of trenching! I cleared around thirty trees that were going to be in the way and ended up with about ten or so that I had milled. The nicest one was a pecan that was around thirty inches with a three way crotch at one end. Most was milled at two inches, some at one and a half and one pecan at one inch. I'm air drying now for a couple of weeks and plan to build an enclosure around it( stacked and stickered) with a dehumidifier to dry it. Looking for any imput from those that have done this. Thinking about putting a small fan inside to circulate the air too. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm sure everyone will start by suggesting you look at Darren's plans for a kiln based around a dehumidifier. I plan to purchase the plans and build one of my own someday soon, and I know a lot of people here have used them to make their own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts