Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my dresser/ changing table for my little girl's room, and just in time. She will be here this week:sweatdrop:. By the way I still have not finished the crib. I made the top rail removable so when she grows past the diaper stage we can have a flat top dresser.
It is made from select pine. Color is Puritan Pine and finished with polyacrylic. I did prestain but still have a little bit of dark spots but not bad. And those purple butterfly pulls match the rest of the room decor.
photo.JPG

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.JPG
Sorry these pics are a little fuzzy they are from my cell phone. It is not as blotchy as it looks in these pics.

·
Cowboy up and do just it
535 Posts
It looks very nice. None of my eight kids had such nice items as a baby.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

·
Registered
588 Posts
I like it! The couple of times I worked with pine it has been difficult to prevent the dark spots, more so with a dark stain. On this dresser nothing seems to look out of place, it looks great.

·
Cowboy up and do just it
535 Posts
Kids normally wear diapers/pull-ups for 2-3 years and, from my experience, changing tables are only used until the young one starts walking, which around 8-11 months. It is a good idea to have the top remove. It would be sad to not be able to use such a nice piece of artwork only after a year. It is such a nice piece that I know it will be cherished for many years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts