1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Wood Beige Rectangle Material property

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Plank
I
I am working on fixing up this R-Way dresser. I am in need of the drawer glides. No one seems to have them. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I don't know any sources. I can only suggest some alternatives if you can't find the exact parts:
  • Use some of this: Nylo-Tape Friction-Free Drawer Slide Tape
  • Find some plastic parts for slightly different purpose and adapt them. For instance, those look a bit like plastic shelf supports. Could those be adapted? 1/4
  • Install ball bearing slides or roller slides for all of the drawers. It looks like you will need to adapt them to the metal cabinet or find some designed for the purpose (this is what I would do, if it matters)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give the tape a try. I did try shelf supports problem was they were are hard plastic and not nylon and really did not slide very well at all. I will also look into the ball bearing side rollers. Really nothing to put them on in the inside as the main support for the guide is only on the center. I will look into it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
854 Posts
What about cutting/making your own from hdpe? It would be tough to make the mounting pin, so maybe you could make the horizontal leg a little longer, and counter sink a hole to hold it in with a screw.
A bit complicated for large quantity, but certainly doable. Good idea particularly if roller slides are not possible. Buy a small plastic cutting board and you will have all of the hdpe material you need.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A bit complicated for large quantity, but certainly doable. Good idea particularly if roller slides are not possible. Buy a small plastic cutting board and you will have all of the hdpe material you need.
I've never worked with hdpe, just similar materials. Could you use a router or dado on a table saw to cut a strip like a dentil molding and then cut off individual pieces?
Rectangle Plastic Electronics accessory Transparency Parallel

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
The quality HDPE used for marine purposes is commonly under brand name King Starboard. Many companies carry it and also sell it by the foot/inch so you dont have to buy the whole sheet. Just key in King Starboard and a bunch of links will pop up. It machines really well with common woodworking tools

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've never worked with hdpe, just similar materials. Could you use a router or dado on a table saw to cut a strip like a dentil molding and then cut off individual pieces?
View attachment 438838
I think you could get close that way. You may need to do some trimming with knife, chisel, or Dremel to get the final shape. Awfully small stuff. Watch your fingers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
The quality HDPE used for marine purposes is commonly under brand name King Starboard. Many companies carry it and also sell it by the foot/inch so you dont have to buy the whole sheet. Just key in King Starboard and a bunch of links will pop up. It machines really well with common woodworking tools
You can also get various sizes and shapes from Amazon.

·
Registered
854 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts