Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in a downdraft table or something that I could just hook up to a shop vac. I have seen a couple tables that I could buy, but they are more than I want to spend. I saw that Skil has their X-Bench and you can get a downdraft attachment ths works with a shop vac, but I dont want the bench. I thought of maybe just getting the attachement and building something for it to sit in. It just an idea. Any advice would be appriciated. I dont need anything fancy, just something to help keep the dust down and less clean up in the garage.

· Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Quore,
Why don't you just make a box out of 1 x 4's and dado in a piece of 1/4" pegboard on top, 1/4" ply on the bottom. Cut a hole in one side to fit an adaptor for your shop vac. Then cover the pegboard with a couple of pieces of the rubber shelf liner material you can get at walmart for kitchen cabinets. It has a bunch of little holes in it and provides some grip for the piece you are working on.
Mike Hawkins;)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Quore,
Why don't you just make a box out of 1 x 4's and dado in a piece of 1/4" pegboard on top, 1/4" ply on the bottom. Cut a hole in one side to fit an adaptor for your shop vac. Then cover the pegboard with a couple of pieces of the rubber shelf liner material you can get at walmart for kitchen cabinets. It has a bunch of little holes in it and provides some grip for the piece you are working on.
Mike Hawkins;)

That is a really good idea. I will look into that. Thanks a lot.

Thanks everyone, for the good ideas. I will be sure to post whatever it is I end up making. Even if it turns out to be a step stool. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.