Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

In a previous post I had mentioned that I have been wanting to build a moxon vise so that I could have something to hold smaller work pieces while trying my hand at fine woodworking.

Today I came across this variation of a downdraft moxon vise. What do you think of it? I really like that it has spots for dogs since I would love to have a full work bench but that just isn't in the plans for a couple years due to $$$.

Is there anything I should be wary of? Anything you would modify? Please don't suggest I get a proper work bench with a proper vise. I know I should but can't so I would rather have something than nothing.

Please let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
It might be just me, but I'd rather have a vise that had only one tightening lever/wheel/etc. But if you're able to secure it, then it's a good deal, especially the costs.

I'd incorporate it into a bench though, because I've got no space to store an additional clamping box.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the Milkman's work bench, would it not be a limitation having the vice technically boxed in and not have open ends? That is the only concern I have with that design. Plus that there is not the depth for having dogs to hold larger items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.