Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to make a dresser so I decided to try a new technique - dovetails. I bought the Rockler dovetail jig and I was super excited to try and figure it out.... Until I brought that little bushing out and said "huh, where does this go?"

I have the Bosch 1617 and I'm pretty sure that I need to buy this for the bushing to fit, is that correct?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25412&site=ROCKLER

If so, a little frustrated that the Rockler guy didn't call that out when I was buying... but oh well.

Curtis

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I bought the jig last Christmas and ended up buying a new house about 2 weeks after. My new garage has a giant post in the middle of it, which destroyed any cabinet production shop dreams, and ONE electrical outlet. I question the man who owned this house before me and only needed 1 outlet.

The last eight months has been a series of honey-dos and I've finally got a quasi-shop set up to start playing around again. Honestly my long term goal is to figure the machine stuff out, then start looking at hand-cuts.

Worst case if I have to dump this thing on Craigslist and look for the PC I will, but I'd like to try and make it work.

Curtis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.