Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a pair of barn doors for a buddy of mine using just 2x8s and 2x4s. Here is a video of me building and struggling through some of the overall build, including hanging the hardware by myself :)

You'll notice a part of the doors that have a locking mechanism and an extra hole cut right on top of them. Ignore the locks and the hole - that was fixed later and I'm choosing to not go into detail about that hardware locking stuff as it is poorly made, has bad directions, and I do not recommend it.

Cheers,

Zach

·
where's my table saw?
28,172 Posts
very well done Zack

Nice work on the doors as well as an entertaining style in the video. It was fun and easy to watch, and was moving right along at all times thanks to fast motion.

The last time I made barn doors was about 5 years ago and just one door measured 8 ft x 11 ft, so I know about "heavy". That's my son helping:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work on the doors as well as an entertaining style in the video. It was fun and easy to watch, and was moving right along at all times thanks to fast motion.

The last time I made barn doors was about 5 years ago and just one door measured 8 ft x 11 ft, so I know about "heavy". That's my son helping:
WOW! those are insanely huge...AND REAL BARN DOORS. I feel like a fake now haha! Thanks for the praise on the doors and the film style - that is my favorite part of building (I guess you'd call it the content creation part?).

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
+1: on well done video. Interesting how popular barn doors for homes are getting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
All I've made is a prop

Broke up an extra long pallet and "faked" a barn door as a prop for a derby party. Used iron pipe to make hat hangers. The hinges are real but broken (Ebay) and the horseshoe and handle are replicas. Yours is much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Very nice

Yeah we have all been there done that with trying to glue up too many joints at once, but you got them put together so it all worked out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts