Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am fourteen and really like woodworking. My tool collection is getting bigger but my space is limited. I was just given a Foley planer moulder (model 344) for free, but it is way too big for my shop. I was thinking of selling it and buying a more compact machine. So i was wondering if you knew how much it would approximetly be worth. I would clean off all the rust first. It also came with the extension wings and an extra set of blades, the motor is a 3hp. So if you could give me a ballpark price that would be great.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Molder/Planer

My advice to you is to keep this machine stored away until you realize what it is you have. This ia a very valuable and highly desirable tool to have but you will not be able to get near what it is worth if you attempt to sell it as used. Even if you only use it as a planer for now, as you try new projects you will be amazed at the amount of money you can save by creating your own moldings and also, to know that each time you setup to mill some more, it will be the same as the last run.

Ed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input. I have decided I am going to keep it (I'll manage to fit it in). Do you happen to know any places in Canada that sell moulding blades?
Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry man, can't help ya'. My wife and I lived in Ottawa fer a while but I didn't do to much tool surfing while was out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking through a magazine and found a company that sells moulder heads.
Have any of you delt with them before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frosty nice machine I have one and wouldn't part with it. I get my molding knives from here. You can also get parts from here. You can also download manuals at there site to. make some in and outfeed tables set it up right and that will last forever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts