Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SORY SPELLCHECK IS BORKEN
48 Posts
As for the HF, they don't like to but some will. I used one to buy my Porter-Cable hybrid saw a few years ago. It saved me about $100! I called ahead and asked if they honored competators coupons. They told me "yes, it's company wide policy" but they didn't ask who's coupons. I got there and the mgr wasn't happy but said since I had been quoted and it was for "any item" he would do it this time. Depends on the manager at the time I guess.

They do offer a 10% discount to military with your ID. No coupon needed. Also, if you find an open box or non-stock item they may discount it a little for you. If another store has something cheaper they will not only match the price but beat it by another 10%.

Lowe's in my town is very customer service focused. I may be one of the lucky few but I spend money there because they take good care of me. I'm a small company with two little shops so I know I'm just a tiny drop in a big 'ol bucket compaired to what a contractor spends building a house but I get treated just the same.

·
I run with chisels.
913 Posts
And if not, I heard there is a Lowes's 10% off coupon at post offices and veterans also get 10% off...............can someone enlighten me??
My Lowes gives 10% off to all veterans, just show proof. But there is an Army base in town, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
The post office coupon is when you fill out the change of address form - the one that you get in the little package the size of a large post card on the counter with all the other forms. Change your address and Lowes sends you a "welcome to your new digs" coupon.
I don't know if you can use the two together. There is a veteran working one of the checkout lanes at my Lowes and he says there are two days a year when he can double up and get the employee discount and the military discount. If they sold more tools that might make me consider applying for a part time job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.