Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may be picking up a grizzly jointer sometime this year. I live in pa about 2 or 3 hrs from their store but frequently camp up in that area a few times a year. Do they normally have a few sales during the year I should be on the lookout for? I already have my 2014 catalog with the 5% coupon.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
The have an annual tent sale with dented & damaged units along with some with missing parts. You can get REALLY good deals put crowds can be crazy. I tend to visit the clearance room at the MO store several times a month & get good deals there.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
I will be going again to the tent sale this year up in Bellingham!
They have major deals to be had. I picked this up for almost $650 off
last years list price http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0453Z/images/2 Nothing at all wrong with it, it was just a showroom model score! :thumbsup:
I'll be going up for a 8" jointer myself.
I can't speak for the other Grizzly tent sales but the one here in Wa wasn't bad at all. got there at 6:15 and I was about 75th in line.

http://www.grizzly.com/events/2014/01/Tent-Sales-2014

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Burb I live a little south of Bartlesville Oklahoma and the grizzly store in MO. Is about 3 hours away. I've contemplated on going up there my dad has been a few times and said that there is some good buys in the discounted section. But I was wondering how often stuff is put in there and also is it like 20$ off or are we talking 100-200$.... I don't really wanna spend 100$ in gas and a whole day just to go up there and save 30$ in a bandsaw or something. Any info you could tell me would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! and I would DEFINITELY like to know when the tent sale is!!!!

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
oklahomaben said:
Hey Burb I live a little south of Bartlesville Oklahoma and the grizzly store in MO. Is about 3 hours away. I've contemplated on going up there my dad has been a few times and said that there is some good buys in the discounted section. But I was wondering how often stuff is put in there and also is it like 20$ off or are we talking 100-200$.... I don't really wanna spend 100$ in gas and a whole day just to go up there and save 30$ in a bandsaw or something. Any info you could tell me would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! and I would DEFINITELY like to know when the tent sale is!!!!
To be honest it's really a hit & miss kind of thing. I was there today and they had (5) 15" large disk sanders that are normally about $875 for $700. They also had about (9) 1" belt sanders with 6-8" disks. They didn't have any 6-8" jointers today and I don't recall seeing any band saws, which I normally do.

I am in there about 3-4 times per month. If you email me at [email protected] with your contract info I'd be happy to keep an eye out for something if specific if you'd like. You can also call the store and ask them to check the clearance room for something specific. Lastly, keep in mind that the reduced prices on items in the clearance room are "starting" prices. I seldom pay that #. I always try to haggle and have had great success there.

Let me know.

Mark

·
Papa Red
1,165 Posts
I had a 5% coupon on the back of my 2013 catalog but not my new 2014 catalog. Bummer because I want to purchase a tablesaw soon and would like somekind of discount.

Red

1 - 7 of 7 Posts