Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to sell 4 furniture: WALL UNIT, CURIO CABINET, TV CABINET AND LONG DRESSER.
For that, I need to know the kind of wood it is. Can you help me?
To see the photos, click HERE
Thanks
P.S.: also, if you know the exact name of these 4 furniture, that would be helpful. I wrote what I thought was right but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well I ment it as a joke. Every time my friend would help me work on a car, I would ask what the heck is that. It would always be a canuter valve. I'm sure someone will be here shortly to inform us both on the type of woods they are . :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
miamiparis said:
I need to sell 4 furniture: WALL UNIT, CURIO CABINET, TV CABINET AND LONG DRESSER.
Thanks
P.S.: also, if you know the exact name of these 4 furniture, that would be helpful. I wrote what I thought was right but I'm not sure.
I'm not a complete expert but all the furniture looks to be a type of particle board/mdf with a veneer on. So I don't think any of the pieces are solid hard wood. But it does look like the lighter colored pieces might be a maple veneer. And I'm not sure about the other two. Hope that helps a lil

·
Registered
215 Posts
miamiparis said:
Thanks
The first 2 units look like stained oak, and the 3rd looks like a maple burl?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks
look's like all particle board item's to me

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm not sure what the 1st is... looks like birch plywood (cabinet grade). I'm with cabinetman on the tv cabinet in that it looks like oak but could be ash. The difference between oak and ash is that oak has an open grain while ash is smooth. The 3rd piece burl maple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.