Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use an adjustable dado (specificity a Freud SD608) for use on my new Ridgid R4512 table. Page 45 of the TSR4512 users manual states "Do not use an adjustable dado on this saw." I have been unable to determine if I would have a problem Freud SD608. I'm hoping Ridgid (in it's manual) was referring to a Wobble Dado as an adjustable dado. Freud claims its SD608 is not a Wobble Dado.
Anyone's help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to shell out the 250.00 dollars and find out it will not work on my Table Saw.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with the arbor width and riving issue and this was not the issue. I was referring to the vibration issue with an adjustable dado. I have been unable to determine if I would have a problem Freud SD608. I'm hoping Ridgid (in it's manual) was referring to a Wobble Dado as an adjustable dado because Freud claims its SD608 is not a Wobble Dado.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Maybe it's a cya situation for Ridgid? The 4511 had issues with the arbor breaking when dado stacks were put on. This was a huge recall for the previous model.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I use a 6 inch ridge carbide with my 4512 with no problems at all.

·
RAM Man
766 Posts
I recall a while back threads about the SD600 dado sets not fitting a number of saws due to the length of the arbor being to short. Or, maybe I just dreamt it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It may be that the arbor on your saw is not long enough to make a full width dado when using that dado.

Here is some info from Freud on how to determine if you would have a problem.

Arbor length - nut thickness - 7/32" (dado hub thickness) = max dado width you can plough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.