Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dw745

I am contemplating obtaining a bench top TS. The main purpose of the new saw will be for cutting angles, and crosscut and minor ripping. I have a contractors saw, but, it is so hard to do any angle work with it, I don't even try to tilt the blade anymore.

I was at the Big Blue store today and the DeWalt DM745 is 299 on sale. I has the riving knife etc. I like the fence on it, and the adjustable fence rails. Fence seems rock solid when locked in place, no play front or back.

Any recommendations on this saw?

·
Registered
834 Posts
What's so hard about the angle work? Tell us your problem and maybe we can help you out with that.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
If you have a good contractors table saw then I would not buy another table saw. No reason you will not have the same problems.

Get a sliding, compound, miter saw. It will give you more capability.

George

·
7,222 Posts
+1 with George. You already have a contractor table saw for ripping.

Get a sliding compound mitre saw for the cross cuts and angles. Far easier to use for the cross cuts and angles than contractor sized table saw and mitre gauge.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not looking for a contractors TS, that I have, looking for a smaller saw I can put on a movable table. Trying to tilt my present TS, is extremely hard, guess it is because the threads are full of sawdust etc, and hard to turn.

I was looking at the Dewalt DW 745, which I call a work site saw, easy to move and set up. I haven't considered a sliding miter, which maybe a better choice. Thanks George and Dave.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not looking for a contractors TS, that I have, looking for a smaller saw I can put on a movable table. Trying to tilt my present TS, is extremely hard, guess it is because the threads are full of sawdust etc, and hard to turn.

I was looking at the Dewalt DW 745, which I call a work site saw, easy to move and set up. I haven't considered a sliding miter, which maybe a better choice. Thanks George and Dave.
Yeah, sometimes ya have to clean em out. Once mine was cleaned and lubed it was like a new saw. A miter sled? Jigs work well for lots of things and take up less space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts