Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word on the street is that Home Depot is discontinuing the Jorgensen line of clamps.

If you have an Ollies store nearby, it may be worth your time to pay them a visit. I guess they got all of Home Depots clamps at close-out.

They currently have all Jorgensen clamps discounted to 40% off the regular price.

I just cleaned the one out by me of their Cabinet Masters,48",36", and 24" clamps.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I went to Ollie's ("Good stuff cheap") yesterday and bought 10 Jorgs. On the way home I stopped at Home Depot and found they still had some Jorg clamps but 3-4 $$ more than Ollie's. Apparently HD is selling off their Jorg line. I have all I need right now anyway.

·
Sawdust Maker
189 Posts
I went to Ollie's ("Good stuff cheap") yesterday and bought 10 Jorgs. On the way home I stopped at Home Depot and found they still had some Jorg clamps but 3-4 $$ more than Ollie's. Apparently HD is selling off their Jorg line. I have all I need right now anyway.
You have to be the first woodworker that I have ever heard say he has all the clamps he needs. I wish I could get to that point. I don't ever see it happening though.

Mike Darr

·
Old School
24,011 Posts
Just a suggestion for buying tools like clamps, at places like Ollies, or Big Lots. Their stock could come from many different sources. Check out your selection before you pay for it, for any defects or faults. Make sure whatever it is that it operates the way it's supposed to, and its appearance looks original and correct. Actually you should do that no matter where you shop.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You have to be the first woodworker that I have ever heard say he has all the clamps he needs. I wish I could get to that point. I don't ever see it happening though.

Mike Darr
Mike, you'll note that I said "right now" (all the clamps I need)

Jimmy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I went to Ollies and sure enough, they had Jorgensen Clamps discounted up to 40% off. Some of the clamps still had Home Depot stickers on them.

I then paid a visit to the local Home Depot and this particular store still carries the Jorgensen. But at 30-40% higher prices.

The larger Jorgensens (Cabinet Masters) at Ollie's were not in the same aisle as the rest of the clamps. They were featured on a display elsewhere. Make sure you ask an employee if you don't see them.

The best I can tell, there is nothing wrong with these clamps. I purchased a bunch of Cabinet Masters .

Here is what I got and what I payed vs. the same clamps at HD cost.

(4) 48" Cabinet Masters 119.96 ------ 179.88
(4) 36" Cabinet Masters 99.96 ------ 159.84
(4) 24" Cabinet Masters 79.96 ------- 139.88
(3) 24" Regular F-style 26.97 -------- 47.91

Saved over 200 dollars !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.