Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said I would post pics of my daughters table when it got finished and set up. My daughter painted it and today we poly'd it together(water based poly). She wanted to wait to paint the base till she got her chairs. So here it is.

image-4195651653.jpg

image-2501187906.jpg

image-3779810262.jpg

image-414199348.jpg

image-1315681909.jpg

image-4031304427.jpg

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
Thumbs up here in Tennessee!!!

Reactions: rayking49

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Very nice ray!!!! Well it doesn't look like she beat it up to bad? or at all for that matter.
Looks good.

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Sweet look! I love the monogram!

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. Yeah Dom my wife beat the top up before I finished it. My daughter "distressed" the paint job of the base. But not too bad, ha. I just don't understand distressing I guess.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Very nice design. I like the bench seat as well.

It looks like you put googly eyes on your son.

I just don't understand distressing I guess.
Yeah, I'm not sure I get the whole distressing thing myself. I prefer my project to look as pristine as possible when I'm done. Any dents and dings should be earned over time. My heart would probably sink if I were to beat my projects with chains.

But others love it so... More power to them.

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Steve when my daughter told me to beat up the top, I told her I just couldn't do it. I'd spent so much time getting it as close to perfect as I could, and I would NOT, could not do it. She laughs at me, but hey, oh well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Very nice!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Fantastic dining table! The top is great with the natural color and goes well with the beautiful sturdy white legs. It matches with the chairs and bench as well. Great work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts