Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
28,746 Posts
a brain surgeon takes up woodworking...

That's incredible work that you do. :yes: How about a photo of your workbench and shop and the tools you use to work on the models? Do you wear magnifiers when you work? Maybe under a magnifying lens?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Attention to detail is unbelievable. Thanks for sharing your work. I have literally spent hours looking at the detail in your builds.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE-More detail then plastic models that you buy. Beautiful truck

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
All I can say is wow. I would love to see how you make some of the detail work, like those plug wires. Truly amazing work.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Beautiful I love it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Work bench.

That's incredible work that you do. :yes: How about a photo of your workbench and shop and the tools you use to work on the models? Do you wear magnifiers when you work? Maybe under a magnifying lens?
A few photos of my work bench as you can see its not too flash, i mostly use the stanley knife & dremel & sanding sticks to shape the small parts after cutting them out on the bandsaw. No I dont have magnifiers but i wear glasses,I hope this gives you a bit of an idea what its like.

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
28,746 Posts
looks normal to me

A few photos of my work bench as you can see its not too flash, i mostly use the stanley knife & dremel & sanding sticks to shape the small parts after cutting them out on the bandsaw. No I dont have magnifiers but i wear glasses,I hope this gives you a bit of an idea what its like.
You must be the reason for the great craftsmanship.... :laughing: I don't see any high end machines or fancy tools. I thought possibly one of those combo lathe/mills. As an automotive clay model maker, one of the biggest challenges was making the opposite side symmetrical if you had one completed side. We used templates, profile gauges and sophisticated measuring devices. If you are working by "eye", that's some incredible craftsmanship. :yes:

Reactions: Longknife

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Your work is truly amazing and a great inspiration. What makes your models so unique is of course the incredible details but also the creative use of different woods and the fantastic finish.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It appears that the picture hanging above the work bench is the same size as your finished piece.

This for me would be a big help in getting proportions correct.

Very nice.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Do you have a GROUP picture of many of the things you have made, that would be very interesting/entertaining, to say the least. IMO

Dale in Indy

P.S. I think I will group items I have made around, and on, the dining table I made, maybe someone could post for me....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts