Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok thinking of doing this Build here, is going to take some time. This is getting built for a client of mine, client bought this print with the idea of what she is looking for, but wants my interpretation on this print so I took it apart an it gave me some ideas. But I will be making a new print in what I want to do. The original print is from Judy Gale Roberts. I like the print but the build is not enough to bring it to life an dimension that I want, I posted pictures below of the print with my notes an her Judy's picture of her build.

So what you guys an gals think if I do it here besides my School Page

This class is going to take a couple months so please bear with me

This class will be on my School page, just click the link below

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: The main goal for this new print is to truly to bring it to life is to do the refection better, I plan on resawing my back grounds pieces to achieve this I hope. an might add some blue dye for the water but just a hint of blue tho
Below is pictures of refection's an dimension to help me with this project. Pictures I got off of Bing :laughing: There just for examples !!!!!!!

Attachments

· Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,587 Posts
It would be AWESOME if you could post a build thread on this. You do inspiring work, Roy, and we all would benefit from it. I realize that it would take ALOT of work on your part, but please know that it would be much appreciated.

I truly look forward to seeing this come together!

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm doing it in this thread as I go just going to take some time. :yes:
Looking in the stach now :laughing:

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Na I'm not doing a marquetry piece right now just a Dimensional Intarsia piece with a big twist to it

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today planning out some wood for this project, these woods I'm considering for the base background will not be using all of it.
I only budged $200.00 for this project :eek: so going to the scrap an cutoff pile to keep cost down :blink:
Here is some of my choses so far, I want to get started on this tomorrow

Attachments

· Registered
1,651 Posts
Today planning out some wood for this project, these woods I'm considering for the base background will not be using all of it.
I only budged $200.00 for this project :eek: so going to the scrap an cutoff pile to keep cost down :blink:
Here is some of my choses so far, I want to get started on this tomorrow

I think you are screwing up Roy, I do not see any walnut there!!! :) :laughing::laughing:
How are you doing?

Reactions: bigcouger

· Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I am not worthy to observe this, but I'm gonna anyway 'cause that's how I roll....

Your efforts and talents are enjoyeable to look at. Thanks for your willingness to share this project!!!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you are screwing up Roy, I do not see any walnut there!!! :) :laughing::laughing:
How are doing?

Ho No you don't :laughing::laughing::laughing: Mikey :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

Reactions: mike1950

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well setting up to make the river banks for both pieces, got the wood prepped an cut to size . Using Marble Wood for the river bank, did a color check to :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: with the dye :yes::yes:

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next I marked out the shape of the river banks an cut them an edge sanded them :yes::yes:

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next I wanted to see what the new lay out going to look like an tweaked the river bank until happy :yes::yes:

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now to setup the resaw, did a test cut an happy with that. Got the resaw done now I have book Match sets so now I have the river bank but also the refection :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Decided to do the glue up for the water I'm using Bass wood for the water :yes::yes::yes:

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I had to find a nice piece of wood to give this piece a mud look before the wood
Using Asian Satin Wood for this so what you all think

Attachments

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.